Do you have a complaint about a CUSA Club? Internal or external club club conflicts can include concerns about a club member, another CUSA Club, or with a community organization.
You can follow our CUSA Clubs Sanctioning Procedure to have this complaint submitted to the Clubs Oversight Commission for review.
1. The complaint should be highly detailed and include specific information:
2. This complaint should be emailed to email@example.com.
3. Upon submission, the complaint and all submitted information will be emailed to the Respondent(s) for their response. The Respondent(s) will be expected to submit their response to the complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. After the Complaint and Response have been submitted, the Clubs Oversight Commission will review the documents. Complainant(s) and Respondent(s) should be prepared to attend meetings and/or provide supplementary documentation.
5. Afterwards, the Clubs Oversight Commission will provide a response. These can include sanctions such as:
Clubs are welcome to appeal the decision if desired (see below).
If you are not satisfied with a decision made by Clubs Oversight Commission, students can appeal to the Student’s Tribunal on certain grounds:
Please fill out this Application for Appeal from the CUSA Students’ Tribunal.
This form is used to apply for an Appeal of a decision of a lower judicial body at CUSA. Applications may not be given leave (accepted) by the Students’ Tribunal. Decisions of the Students’ Tribunal are final unless overridden by Council.